The Calaveras Humane Society Foster Program
Foster A Pet In Your Home
If you have a place in your heart and home to foster a pet in need, you can sign up by filling out the volunteer form.
Sponsor A Pet In Foster Care
Five Things You Should Know About The CHS Foster Home Program
- Volunteers care for pets awaiting adoption who have special needs (i.e., too young to be adopted, or recovering from an illness/injury)
- Animals are housed in the homes of volunteers
- Supplies are provided by Calaveras Humane Society
- Animals stay in a foster home for as long as needed
- Foster parents do their best to observe the personalities and needs of foster animals in order to place them in the most suitable homes
What Does A Foster Volunteer Do?
One of the key elements of our adoption and placement program for pets is the foster program. This program gives homeless pets a safe haven and loving care while we search for the best permanent home for each one.
Foster parents are given direction and support from the Calaveras Humane Society foster leaders. Food, crates if needed, and medical care are paid for by the Humane Society. In return, foster families agree to follow the foster program guidelines in caring for and helping to place the animal.