The Calaveras Humane Society Foster Program
How To Help
This program is part of our adoption and placement system for pets. If you have a place in your heart and home to help a pet in need, you can.
Shelter Pets In Your Home
Make A Donation
Five Facts About The CHS Foster Home Program
- Volunteers care for pets awaiting adoption who have special needs, for instance kittens too young to be adopted or pets recovering from an illness or injury.
- Animals are housed in the homes of volunteers
- Supplies and veterinary care are paid for by the Calaveras Humane Society
- Animals stay in a volunteer’s home until they are ready for adoption
- Volunteers observe the personalities and needs of the pets in their care to help us place them in the most suitable homes
How Does It Work?
One of the key elements of our adoption and placement program for pets is the foster program. This program gives homeless pets a safe haven and loving care while we search for the best permanent home for each one.
Volunteers are given direction and support from the Calaveras Humane Society foster leaders. Food, crates if needed, and medical care are paid for by the Humane Society. In return, foster families agree to follow the program guidelines in caring for and helping to place the animal.