How To Adopt A Pet
- Adoptable animals can be seen in our online directories.
- We list animals in foster homes. We occasionally list animals from other organizations as a courtesy.
- Each pet listing will mention where the animal is located, so make note of the specific contact information.
- Cats and/or kittens are available to meet you most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at our Cat Adoption Center at our Arnold thrift store.
- Please note that we cannot take holds on animals over the phone or by email. You must come to our adoption center to meet and adopt our pets.
- Potential adopters muse meet adoption eligibility requirements.
What Health Services Do the Pets Receive?
- All pets receive age-appropriate vaccinations and are spayed/neutered and microchipped.
- Adoptable adult dogs are tested for heartworm and adult dogs are put on a preventive.
- Adoptable cats are tested for FeLV and FIV.
CHS Shelter Hours and Info
Calaveras Humane Society Shelter
1209 Highway 49
Angels Camp, CA 95222
Tuesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and holidays)