You May Qualify For A Spay Neuter Voucher
If You Need Help With The Cost Of Surgery
The Calaveras Humane Society can help defray some of the expense with a spay neuter voucher for surgery on dogs and cats. Low income Calaveras County and Bear Valley residents who cannot otherwise afford to have their pets altered are eligible for spay/neuter vouchers.
$45 for a female dog
$30 for a male dog
$30 for a female cat
$20 for a male cat
Where Can I Use The Voucher?
The vouchers can be used at any participating veterinary office, inside or outside of Calaveras County. The pet’s owner must be a Calaveras County resident. For a list of participating vets or if you have any questions about vouchers or the voucher request process, please call our office at (209) 736-9417.
Why Spay or Neuter Your Pet?
- Spaying and neutering prevents pet population explosion and the needless suffering of strays and unwanted pets. A roaming male dog or cat can impregnate several females in heat in a single day!
- Spayed/Neutered pets are less aggressive and less likely to bite and fight.
- Spayed/Neutered pets (especially males) are less territorial and less likely to roam. 80% of dogs and cats hit by cars are unaltered.
- Neutered males are less likely to mark territory.
- Spayed females will not have heat cycles.
- Neutered males can’t develop testicular tumors (the most common malignancy in males) and have a lower incidence of prostate cancer.
- Spayed females typically stay healthier and live longer. They have a lower incidence of mammary tumors and do not develop uterine or ovarian cancers.
- Spaying and neutering removes the urge to mate, so your pet has less stress, is generally more content, and his or her attention is focused more on you.
Requesting A Voucher
- Make a spay or neuter appointment with a participating vet
- Print and fill out the Voucher Request Form
- Mail or bring the voucher request form to Calaveras Humane Society Office
- Or call our office at (209) 736-9417 and supply the necessary information over the phone
- If you need it, download the latest version of Adobe Reader
- Download and fill out the Voucher Request Form using Adobe Reader
- Attach the completed request form file to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Arrangements With A Vet
Send the Voucher Request Form By Mail
Or Email It To CHS
Please allow plenty of time – at least a week – between your appointment and your voucher request, so that our office has time to get the voucher sent to your vet.
The voucher will be mailed or delivered directly to the veterinary office unless the pet owner picks up the voucher at the Humane Society office. Vouchers are embossed and cannot be copied.