We Can Help
When The Time Comes
Have future plans been made for your four-legged family members? Enroll in the Calaveras Humane Society's Pet Guardian Program and have peace of mind that your beloved pets will be cared for when the need arises. When a guardian passes away, animals enrolled in the Pet Guardian Program will be taken into the Calaveras Humane Society's shelter while we work to place them in just the right home. The program is available for dogs and cats.
It’s easy to enroll your pets in the Pet Guardian Program
Specify in your will or trust documents that your pet is to be entrusted to the Calaveras Humane Society at the time of your death
The text might read: “At the time of my death, I give my pet(s) to the Calaveras Humane Society’s Pet Guardian Program for placement in a loving home.”
You can designate the Calaveras Humane Society as your first choice guardian or as a contingent guardian, if you have friends or family that you hope will adopt your pets and wish to have us as a back-up option.
How Do I Arrange This?
- Make a bequest to the Calaveras Humane Society in your will or trust. We do not stipulate how much your bequest gift should be; amounts vary widely depending on financial resources. All we ask is that you make a planned gift that is significant for you. Gifts of real estate or stock can be fully or partially bequested to the Calaveras Humane Society. Other ways of making a gift include naming the Calaveras Humane Society as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy, IRA or 401K. Since we are non-profit organization, your gift will gain maximum tax advantages for your estate. The Calaveras Humane Society receives no local, state or federal funding. We are able to provide our programs and services through the generous support and care of individuals like you. Your gift to the Calaveras Humane Society will be a lasting legacy to the love of your pet and for the humane treatment of animals throughout our area.
- Designate a friend, relative or the estate executor to act as interim caretaker and to bring the companion animal to the Calaveras Humane Society’s caring staff.
- Complete and return the Pet Guardian Program Agreement. Keep a copy with your will.
- Complete and return the Pet Guardian Program Pet Bio, providing information about the pet’s food preferences, likes and dislikes, habits and special needs.
- Make annual donations to the Calaveras Humane Society. Any gift, large or small, will be used to save animals’ lives.
Mail completed forms to
Calaveras Humane Society
PO Box 528
Altaville, CA 95221
For more information
Please send an email or call us at (209) 736-9417.