Adopt a Dog, Cat, Kitten, or Small Animal
You can never tell what animals we'll have available for adoption. You can look through our directories to see who's around and find out how to adopt them. If you just want to browse because they're so darned photogenic, hey, we understand.
What Health Services Do The Pets Receive?
- All dogs and cats receive age-appropriate vaccinations and are spayed/neutered and microchipped.
- Adoptable adult dogs are tested for heartworm and adult dogs are put on a preventive.
CHS Shelter Hours and Info
Calaveras Humane Society Shelter
1209 Highway 49
Angels Camp, CA 95222
Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and holidays)
How To Adopt A Pet
- Most adoptable animals in our shelter can be seen in our online directories. Some are adopted extremely quickly and their photos may not be posted.
- We also list animals in foster homes. We occasionally list animals from other organizations as a courtesy.
- Each pet listing will mention where the animal is located, so make note of the specific contact information.
- Cats and/or kittens are also available to meet you most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at our Cat Adoption Center at our Arnold Thrift Store.
- Please note that we cannot take holds on animals over the phone or by email. You must come to our adoption center to meet and adopt our pets.
- Potential adopters must meet adoption eligibility requirements and must be 18 or older.
- Fees: Cats, $35; Kittens, $50; Dogs, $75; Puppies, $90. Small animal adoption fees vary. We often run adoption specials.