It began life as a farmhouse
The building that houses our new Angels Camp shelter (opening soon!) has quite a history! We know it began life as a farmhouse sometime in the 1920’s or thereabouts, followed by a stint as the popular Chicken Shack (a restaurant and sometime juke joint). In more recent years, it was also the home of Angels Camp Veterinary Hospital, and its most recent incarnation was as a combination chiropractic office and vodka distillery. Whew!
We’ve left as many of the historical aspects of the building intact as possible, including this fireplace, part of the original farmhouse. It’s now the focal point of our new conference room, and we think it’s pretty darn cool.
February 15, 2019