All Parts Of Lilies Are Poisonous

If you’re enjoying some cut flowers to make things feel a bit more Easter-y this year:

Yep, lilies are beautiful. But your cat, being the curious beast that he is, is likely to do more than just take a look.

WARNING: All parts of the lily are toxic, even the pollen and the water in the vase. Your cat does not have to ingest anything — just brushing against any part of the flower can collect pollen on his fur which your cat may ingest while grooming. Even the tiniest amount of ingested matter can cause acute kidney failure and eventually death if not aggressively treated within the first few hours of ingestion.

If you have cats, play it safe, this Easter and always: No lilies in the house or yard! ❤️🐾